Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

compatibility with shakespeer

Posted by inez_4_bears 
compatibility with shakespeer
December 11, 2010 08:16PM
hi all
So there is an issue that I don't seem to find on the forum. Once I switched to JUCY - which I LOVE - Mac users still running Shakespeer lost their ability to grab my file list. It appears as though they are grabbing it - but end up with an empty file. If they queue some file of interest from another user and switch to downloading from me - everything works just fine. But the file-list issue is odd. Anyone has noticed that before? Is there a solution?
Re: compatibility with shakespeer
December 12, 2010 02:31PM
I have not encountered a problem like that.

Though one good way to find out whats happening is to use the Connection Debugger of Jucy (Help -> Find Extensions)

With that you can have a look at the protocol and see if the filelist is requested correctly..
For more, if the filelist itself was transmitted correctly, you would need wireshark to see.

if you could rpovide me with that info I can look into ... though I currently have no Shakespeer around.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom is a new religion, the religion of our time.
- Heinrich Heine
December 12, 2010 05:58PM
Thanks!!

Ok, so for now I downloaded Connection Debugger restarted JUCY and asked a few SP users to grab my list and see what happens. Where did they go when I need them?! ;-) Will know in a little while what happens..

Quicksilver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have not encountered a problem like that.
>
> Though one good way to find out whats happening is
> to use the Connection Debugger of Jucy (Help ->
> Find Extensions)
>
> With that you can have a look at the protocol and
> see if the filelist is requested correctly..
> For more, if the filelist itself was transmitted
> correctly, you would need wireshark to see.
>
> if you could rpovide me with that info I can look
> into ... though I currently have no Shakespeer
> around.
December 13, 2010 06:41AM
so it was a little weird today as the usual SP users were away so catching their log-ins and having the debugger capture the the protocol was tricky. But here is one (I crossed out ip addresses) - I can't say whether the end coincides with her logging out - as this is how I found it and she was logged out. But it looked as before - list is being grabbed and ends up being empty in the end.

[www.sendspace.com]
December 13, 2010 10:28AM
Log seems perfectly fine. Filelist should have been transmitted.

I will have to get myself a shakespeer and try this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom is a new religion, the religion of our time.
- Heinrich Heine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2010 12:59PM by Quicksilver.
December 25, 2010 04:48PM
hi... so you know - the problem persists. So now had two other SP users grab my file-list - it shows the progress, and in the end - the list arrives empty. I took more pictures.... [www.sendspace.com] It is clearly not specific to a particular SP user. But I think it is also not specific to MY JUCY - I heard from a SP user having same problem with another JUCY user. Are these logs any better or more informative?

and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login