Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

search results

Posted by rosc 
search results
October 14, 2010 05:40PM
Coupla things search could use:

regexp (always handy!) So I could search for (date in filename) && (band name) && (track01.flac)

configurable return (xx number of) results.

And maybe 'search within results'

The live boot groups I use, mostly use the exact same file names for everything (eg, track01.flac and there's millions of track01.flac's!) so we have to narrow the list down based on things like dates in the folder name, or the pathnames.
Re: search results
October 14, 2010 07:41PM
regexp searching is not possible.
This is a protocol thing... you can't send Regexps to other clients.
(Actually adding this was discussed and I was one of the people against it as regexps are a really bad idea as they require a lot of processing power compared to very efficient keyword search)

The how many results are to be returned are also a fixed setting in clients.. no possibility to change this. Again this is also something that can cause troubles.... 100 Search results from each user in a 10k user hub and your system will grind to a halt.

For search within results hit CTRL+F (here Regexp would actually be possible .. though due to this being really a poweruser feature its not integrated as I doubted many people would use it there...)

If you need to have a quick look in a share and find anything that matches a regexp I can recommend to use ADL search... thats what ADL search is for and how such screening of users could be done. Searching with regexp over normal search is just not going to happen (to much resource usage + DoS potential)!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom is a new religion, the religion of our time.
- Heinrich Heine
October 14, 2010 09:12PM
ADL search?

I tried finding more info about how that works, but I'm not getting it. I don't see any option for it, and what I could find from the various dc++ faqs seem to indicate it's either an Op function, or a windoze function.

My understanding of it is, if I download someone's filelist to browse, then perform a search in that list, there should then be an "adl search" folder for me to fine-tune the search, but I am not seeing that.

More instruction would be useful smiling smiley

I'm on a linux platform too, maybe the function isn't implemented in linux?
October 14, 2010 10:27PM
Jucy is the same everywhere and Jucy is not DC++.

For Jucy ADL search is not installed by default as its mostly used by operators to check on filelist/ normal users mostly have no value by it so it just confuses.

To install ADL search in Jucy go to Help -> Find Extensions and select the ADL search plugin for installation.
Restart Jucy..

Then you can go to Preferences -> ADL Search to create new ADL search strings that will be used to search through downloaded filelists..

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom is a new religion, the religion of our time.
- Heinrich Heine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2010 11:50PM by Quicksilver.
September 24, 2013 07:06AM
If you need to have a quick look in a share and find anything that matches a regexp
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login