Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

different ip for different hubs

Posted by tsuak 
different ip for different hubs
September 30, 2010 12:15PM
will be great to set ip address for each hub. and add get-ip feature... drinking smiley
Re: different ip for different hubs
September 30, 2010 09:25PM
get-ip? what do you mean by that?

Most users will only have a single ip except if they are running IPv6 ... and I am not yet aware of any IPv6 hubs being around.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom is a new religion, the religion of our time.
- Heinrich Heine
October 01, 2010 08:32AM
get-ip feature
u enter url to site that runs script and tells your ip (ex. [checkip.dyndns.org]). also there must be check box "update my ip every ten minute".
that will be useful for people with dynamic ip address.

about ip for hub set
try using internet and local hubs at the same time.
October 01, 2010 08:45AM
1. this is already done

2. good routers have a backloop... so if you connect to a local hub over WAN IP it still works well...

- Heinrich Heine
October 01, 2010 10:09AM
if i connect to a local hub over wan ip i get smth like "Active Search: Your ip is not 95.221.ххх.ххх it is 10.ххх.ххх.ххх bye bye."
October 01, 2010 11:35PM
Ok first I have to ask: Is this hub only used by local users? Or are you the only local user?

If the other users in the hub are not local but WAN users.. you will have to set the hub anyway to accept your public ip instead of your LAN IP... if you use your LAN IP other people will not get the correct ip from you.

If this hub is only used in LAN then indeed a different IP would be beneficial...

- Heinrich Heine
October 02, 2010 02:03PM
i use a lot of hubs. some hubs are local only, some are available from both lan and internet (lan over local ip and internet from external ip. in this case i use local hub address of cause), some are internet only.
and so...
when i write my local ip (10....) in connection settings, internet hubs say "Your reported IP: 10.xxx.xxx.xxx does not match your real IP: 95.221.xxx.xxx"
when i write my wan ip (95....) or don't write anything in connection settings, local hubs say "Active Search: Your ip is not 95.221.ххх.ххх it is 10.ххх.ххх.ххх bye bye."

i can't find the way to get them work both. i think the only way to solve the problem is to set up a suitable ip for problematic hubs. i'm right? ))
October 02, 2010 02:30PM
Indeed...
so currently its only possibly by either running passive or use 2 clients.

Assumption usually is that a user has at most one hub hosted in the LAN. And most of the time this hub is also accesible to the public.
If that is the case.. the hub needs to accept your public IP ...
for several local hubs its currently not possible to run in active mode or for combining a local hub that is only for local users with remote hubs.

This is just very special settings. As said solution is currently to either use passive or use a second client for these lan hubs..

- Heinrich Heine
Anonymous User
January 20, 2011 05:12PM
Oh yes !! >grinning smileythe finger smiley<
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login