Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Iconify, splashscreen, etc

Posted by rosc 
Iconify, splashscreen, etc
September 06, 2010 05:37AM
Couple of suggestions (sorry I didn't look to see if they're duplicates already.)

1) Add an option to disable splash screen.

2) An option to make single-clicking the icon in the system tray bring up (maximize) the client.

3) An option to make single-clicking the icon in the system tray minimize the maximized client (right now it only minimizes when I click on the taskbar icon, not the systray icon).

4) Options to remove unwanted fields in the various places, such as nick list, favorites, search, etc. For example, under the nick list, I don't really care to see the tag, connection, email fields. I know I can slide them to hide them, but it'd be nicer to have a list of fields that could be enabled or disabled.

I'm using a linux platform, so maybe these gui features are different under other platforms. I hope my explanations make sense.

Thanks smiling smiley
Re: Iconify, splashscreen, etc
September 06, 2010 06:58PM
1) no not easily possible and an application should give at least some feedback between start and being able to bring up the UI.

2) this is a bit more facettet problem as users from different OS are expecting different behaviour on the click there.
Currently I am using the default selection behaviour given by the OS ... not sure if double click is Linux first choice there.. for the shell Icons

3) I am not sure if that wasn't already in at some time but disabled because some Linux problem that caused clicking for maximize always the cloapsing again afterwards..

4) Possible ... was once planned sort of ... but got lost.. currently you can only add/remove plugin contributed tables (Appearance -> tables) more might be added..

about Linux.. yes Linux gives headaches as it seems to be the UI supporting least features... (on the other hand Linux causes often way less trouble than other systems.. though I attribute this often to the skill of the userbase ;-) )

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom is a new religion, the religion of our time.
- Heinrich Heine
November 10, 2010 11:10PM
1) btw as option not easily possible .. but if you provide
-noSplash
as startargument -> no splash will be shown

- Heinrich Heine
November 22, 2010 02:25PM
is it possible to add "hide systray/menu bar icon" set?
like in itunes (for win) for example: "show jucy icon in system tray" -> "minimize jucy windows to system tray".
and for mac just one check box: "show jucy icon in menu bar".
November 22, 2010 11:35PM
a hide systray icon option was once in though I had some problems with it.. so it was removed.. could retest that and see if swt library I am using has evolved there since then...

Although be warned this is not really something of wast importance to me...

- Heinrich Heine
November 23, 2010 12:10PM
Quicksilver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Although be warned this is not really something of
> wast importance to me...

i see. but i do really think jucy could be perfect client ))))
November 23, 2010 06:34PM
The only perfect program in the world outputs just "Helo World" !

All other programs are bound to be imperfect ;-) ...

- Heinrich Heine
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login