Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Two new features?....

Posted by Falcogiallo 
Two new features?....
August 15, 2010 08:16AM
Hi,
I wanted to know if in the near future you were willing to adopt two new features.

1) KAD (option)
2) The option:"send junk to incoming connections" and "send junk to outbound connections"
to circumvent the limitations of some isp to p2p exchanges.

The second feature is implemented in iDC++ for Italian users.
Many ISPs in Italy restrict data traffic for p2p users.
It's a very sensitive issue in Italy, and also is leading to legal battles against the isp.
Thank you for your attention.
smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2010 08:22AM by Falcogiallo.
Re: Two new features?....
August 15, 2010 10:50AM
1) is not DC ... its building a second P2P network into the client..
I am not totally against that... though many users won't be aware what it means.
I have seen to many problems with StrongDC++ and StrongDC++ based programs and restricted hubowners...

For example some Anti P2P companies are searching these Kademlia based p2p networks. Some people are not aware of the fact that it makes it easy to find a single TTH in the whole network... which is its great benefit ... but also for those people that misuse DC for copyright infringement its a trap to fall for.

2) These sending Junk stuff is deprecated in my opinion. The modern solution is to use encryption instead. Jucy will with other Jucy clients and StrongDC++ based clients create encrypted connections. That doesn't make detection of protocol impossible... but it makes it harder than just sending Junk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom is a new religion, the religion of our time.
- Heinrich Heine
btx
August 30, 2010 11:27PM
Is there a way to get any of the clients (aside from maybe Valknut?) to encrypt its client <-> hub connection w/the NMDC protocol - or is this still just supported by the ADC protocol?

At the bare minimum, it'd provide protection for account creds, and would protect against filters that are capable of application-layer pattern matching (which definitely do exist, and they're annoying to bypass).

Without this connection encrypted, anyone with access to this H<->C connection's traffic (ISP) would be able to identify DC-transfers, since they would know enough of any xfer's address information - which could resutl in protocol-targeted bandwidth restrictions.
August 31, 2010 05:56PM
Jucy does support encrypted connection to nmdc hubs ...

Just use nmdcs:// as prefix ...
Though most hubs don'T support this (actually I don'T know of any hub that was released to the public that does supported connections)
If you want encrypted hub connections: use ADC(S) hubsofts...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom is a new religion, the religion of our time.
- Heinrich Heine
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login