Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update IP button and auto-update IP function

Posted by Andrea 
Update IP button and auto-update IP function
July 28, 2010 05:23PM
Sometimes the connection restarts and consequently changes the ip...in these situations would be useful a button (in connection settings) to update ip and a function (activities to choose from user) that automatically checks the IP every few minutes
This avoids manual updates of IP upon reconnect and disconnections for wrong ip by hubs

smiling smiley
Re: Update IP button and auto-update IP function
July 28, 2010 05:44PM
Jucy checks IP by itself when connections fail. I do really prefer that behaviour to checking every 5 minutes your IP as
1. 5 minutes are along time... failing should happen faster
2. the website used to check your ip gets a to good profile on your online times... so I prefer to use these as seldom as possible

3. A hubsoft that is not totally outdated should have in case of NMDC UserIP support... (in ADC its implicit in the protocol)
so updated IP that is correct should be given by the hub!

So in case you get kicked for bad IP you either have placed a wrong IP by hand in the settings, you are in a hub with an outdated hubsoft or the hub is just misconfigured.

If you absolutely need checking of IP in a short time interval I recommend to use dyndns services.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom is a new religion, the religion of our time.
- Heinrich Heine
July 28, 2010 06:07PM
Quicksilver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jucy checks IP by itself when connections fail.

This makes it useless features that I required, I had not noticed this feature lol grinning smiley
October 22, 2013 08:41AM
Ok yesss !!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login