Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't stay connected to hub

Posted by thejesterthejester 
Can't stay connected to hub
October 02, 2012 10:48PM
So I'm trying to connect to a university hub. It was working fine last year and I had no problems connecting and sharing, but this year it simply doesn't want to connect. It will "connect", but then a few seconds later it will display "disconnected" with the exact same timestamp (essentially connected and disconnected at the same time it seems). I don't get any error messages or anything as far as I can see.

I'm on Mac 10.6.8, and my firewall is off. If I need to provide any more information please let me know, I'm not entirely sure about the whole process here. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2012 10:48PM by thejesterthejester.
Re: Can't stay connected to hub
October 02, 2012 11:54PM
You could install the connection debugger plugin and check if you can see anything more happening on the line with that.

Without any sort of errors I can't provide more information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom is a new religion, the religion of our time.
- Heinrich Heine
October 03, 2012 05:47AM
How would I do that? Can't seem to find any information on said plugin. There's a plugin folder I have, but nothing explicit in there about connection debugging.
October 03, 2012 11:18AM
Help -> Find Extensions

then install the connection Debugger Plugin

- Heinrich Heine
October 03, 2012 07:57PM
Ok, thanks. Tried it with the plugin, getting these commands. Turns out I was reading the timestamp wrong like an idiot, but obviously there's still a problem. Is there an error that the connection plugin would produce? This is the only information I'm getting from the plugin, it's under the "commands" tab.

13:54:43.401 - -----CLOSED-----
13:54:28.204 - -----CONNECTED-----
13:54:28.121 - -----CONNECTING-----
October 04, 2012 10:48AM
ok at least we know now that nothing is sent...

Do you have set the right protocol for the hub? If the hub is adc but you did not enter the address with "adc:" prefix that could happen ...

- Heinrich Heine
October 04, 2012 06:18PM
I'm guessing it's not adc, especially considering that I was using the same address last year with success and I've changed no settings. I tried quick connecting to the address with the prefix "adc:" anyway and it said invalid address, so I guess either it's not an adc hub or I'm just connecting to it incorrectly.
October 05, 2012 12:18AM
Was there a change of hubsoft?
something?

if its invalid address have you set it correctly?

e.g.
for a hub running adc on somedomain.com on port 411

that would be

adc://somedomain.com:411

- Heinrich Heine
October 05, 2012 03:19PM
I don't believe there was a change, a friend of mine was able to connect to it again this year without any problems.

For connecting to adc, should I be using quick connect? Because literally as soon as I type "adc://" it says invalid address, I don't even have to type the domain for it to do that.
October 05, 2012 03:42PM
That sounds strange even if you enter the full address you get that?
Do you have a second entry wit hthe same address without adc prefix in your favhubs? that could be a problem!

- Heinrich Heine
October 06, 2012 10:27PM
Indeed I did have it in my favorites with the dchub prefix. I deleted and tried connecting with the adc prefix, got this with the debugger:
16:26:39.477 - -----CLOSED-----
16:26:39.287 > HSUP ADBASE ADTIGR ADUCMD ADBLOM
16:26:39.287 - -----CONNECTED-----
16:26:39.197 - -----CONNECTING-----
October 07, 2012 02:15AM
ok if it were an adc hub this should have triggered a response..
Problem is: with a normal nmdc hub connecting should trigger the hub to send a $Lock command.

This did not happen so basically this appears like a fault on the hubside and I have no explanation on how this can happen.
To verify if this is really a problem on Jucy try another DC client and connect with it to the hub.
Another thing you could try before that , would be to download jucy another time, unpack it in some other directory ... start it and see if something is changed!

- Heinrich Heine
October 09, 2012 10:02PM
Well, considering I just tried it on DC++ on a different PC and got the same problem, it must be something else then. I don't think it's a hub problem since my friend has no problem connecting to the same hub, perhaps some sort of networking I can't figure out.

I guess you wouldn't be able to help me further, but I appreciate your time anyway. Thanks.
October 09, 2012 10:11PM
if its not a problem on the hubsode or on client side ... only the provider comes to my mind as alternative problem source.

Though this would cause all hubs to be unable to connect... Also real filtering using some level 7 Filter and not just shaping is unheard of for me to big providers. I would only think of sth like this possiblein some university/small/special network/isp .

- Heinrich Heine
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login