Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Saving File Lists

Posted by DrDartmoor 
Saving File Lists
September 14, 2011 12:17AM
Just discovered Jucy. Nice to see a new client for Mac. How do I save file lists of other users? (I have unchecked "delete file lists on exit" but they are not being saved unless I just can't find them. Help appreciated.
Re: Saving File Lists
September 20, 2011 03:06PM
Filelists are stored in Jucy's working directory.
With File -> Open Filelist you should be brought there directly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom is a new religion, the religion of our time.
- Heinrich Heine
September 20, 2011 04:25PM
Thank you Quicksilver, I did find them. However, it was a real challenge. My working directory is HD/Applications/Jucy but the file list was actually found under Users/name/(invisible) .UC/Filelists. That's, of course, on a Mac. Seems particularly inappropriate to place things in an invisible file folder. Your further thoughts appreciated.
September 20, 2011 08:03PM
Normally nothing there is entered by a user directly.
Configuration data and data not required to be reached from outside the program is very approprate to be put in an invisible folder like this!

- Heinrich Heine
September 20, 2011 08:51PM
I guess I just prefer transparency. In any case, I fixed the problem by moving the file to the "working" folder and resetting the defaults. Now it works properly. I would have appreciated being told to do that instead of a reply seemingly in argumentative mode. Thanks anyway.
September 21, 2011 07:09PM
Argumentative what I meant is .. putting data in hidden folders in user directory is best practice on unixoide OS.
What Jucy does is kind of what is recommended it should do!

Point of making it invisible is to not put it in your way of sight, as you as user are probably uninterested in it. Keeping away unecessary information speeds up your working.

Still its your data therefore goes into user directory and is backed up by standard backup software.

If you open up the homedirectory on a normal unix operating system. hitting "ls -a" in the homedirectory will probably present you one hidden folder for next to every installed program.

It may not be totally standard on a MAC I am afraid ... but at time of this was decided I did not know much of Mac Os X. Every OS has its own kinks and I just assumed MacOsX was to be handled as any Linux.

I am not sure if this is the kind of argumentatative answer you don't want... but I can't read your mind and I might just have guessed wrong!

- Heinrich Heine
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login