Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: mac os x client can't add files to download queue

Posted by voodoostrat 
August 21, 2011 04:47AM
I keep getting "the currently displayed page contains invalid values" when I try to click on "downloads" in the prefs. I'm running Snow Leopard, everything was great till I did a OS update about a month or so ago. I updated the OS when the Mac Malware virus was discovered, it was then that I noticed the problem. I tried Quicksilvers remedy via - ~/.UC/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings . I am unable to find this path. I'm currently D/Ling two shows from Echoeshub as I type this, they are downloading fine, but the files are for some reason downloading into my Macs HD and not into my external HDs. I have deleted all paths to my externals and reinstalled the paths again, all of my shared files are visable in the HUB, I just can't seem to get the DL path straightened out, very frustrating. Any help on this would be hugely appreciated, hopefully help in the form of basic bonehead to guide me on this journey

Thank You,

Voodoo
August 21, 2011 10:20AM
For this path:
~/.UC/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings

Try replacing ~ by yourself with your homedirectory.

also I don't get what you mean with:

I have deleted all paths to my externals and reinstalled the paths again,
If you were able to get to settings directory and purge invalid paths from settings file.. then you should be able to get into Jucy's properties dialogs again and be able to set there correct paths.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom is a new religion, the religion of our time.
- Heinrich Heine
August 21, 2011 04:11PM
Thanks for replying, when I said "I have deleted all paths to my externals and reinstalled the paths again"
I was trying to say that I had gone into the prefs>sharing and deleted all the folders that were being used in the client and reestablished them again. When you say "Jucy's properties dialogs" are you meaning the settings within preferences? Also, when you say "~/.UC/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings " where and how exactly do I get to this area, I'm guessing that when you say "homedirectory" you are meaning the icon that looks like a house that has the name of my Mac and is located in the finder window? I'm sorry for the confusion, I'm just not real well versed in this indepth (at least for me) computer knowledge.

Thank you again for your patience with my lack of knowledge,
Voodoo
August 24, 2011 12:35AM
Yes I mean settings wihtin preferences.

I might have got you wrong.

Can you make sure the folders displayed on the download page exist?
(default download directory and unfinished download directory)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom is a new religion, the religion of our time.
- Heinrich Heine
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login