Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

problems with new Apex 1.4.2

Posted by dMg 
dMg
problems with new Apex 1.4.2
March 23, 2011 08:44PM
jucy can not download from Apex 1.4.2 users and Apex 1.4.2 Users can not download from jucy.
same problem with strong dc 2.42. Apex is based on strong dc so the problem are at this Clients.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2011 08:54PM by dMg.
Re: problems with new Apex 1.4.2
March 23, 2011 10:34PM
I fear thats a DC++ 0.781 bug, that made DC++ create invalid SSL, certs has spread.

DC++ 0.782 fixed that. Though I fear it will take time till the fix also spreads.

Problem is that OpenSSL seems to accept invalid SSL certs which lead to developers of DC++ based clients not seeing this problem of sending out invalid certs.

Solution to get connection with these clients would be to turn of encryption in Jucy.
Sadly BigMuscle (dev of StrongDC++) indicated that this bug is not urgent due to only very few Jucy users being out there. This means it will be fixed with the next version of StrongDC++, but there won't be any sooner fix out there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom is a new religion, the religion of our time.
- Heinrich Heine
dMg
March 24, 2011 10:10AM
thanks for information. Thats why i love Jucy. Other Clients fix old bugs and produce new Bugs. eye rolling smiley

-> Solution to get connection with these clients would be to turn of encryption in Jucy.

this do not work.

A Filelist request without encryption in jucy gives this error.

-> Problems reading Filelist of user XXXXXXX
WARN FileList.java Line:236 org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed.

error.log shows this:

24 Mrz 2011 10:48:27,872 WARN FileList.java Line:236 org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$TrailingMiscDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at uc.files.filelist.FileList.readFilelist(FileList.java:272)
at uc.files.filelist.FileList.readFilelist(FileList.java:233)
at uc.files.filelist.FileListDescriptor.loadFileList(FileListDescriptor.java:79)
at uc.files.filelist.FileListDescriptor.processFilelistAfterDownload(FileListDescriptor.java:70)
at uc.files.downloadqueue.FileListDQE.downloadedFilelist(FileListDQE.java:123)
at uc.files.transfer.AbstractWritableFileInterval$FileListWriteInterval$1.close(AbstractWritableFileInterval.java:72)
at helpers.GH.close(GH.java:148)
at uc.files.transfer.Download.transferData(Download.java:136)
at uc.protocols.client.ClientProtocol.runTransfer(ClientProtocol.java:753)
at uc.protocols.client.ClientProtocol.getSlotAndDoTransfer(ClientProtocol.java:698)
at uc.protocols.client.ClientProtocol.transfer(ClientProtocol.java:666)
at uc.protocols.client.SND.handle(SND.java:54)
at uc.protocols.ConnectionProtocol.receivedCommand(ConnectionProtocol.java:280)
at uc.protocols.client.ClientProtocol.receivedCommand(ClientProtocol.java:296)
at uc.protocols.ConnectionProtocol.receivedCommand(ConnectionProtocol.java:239)
at uc.protocols.UnblockingConnection.processread(UnblockingConnection.java:566)
at uc.protocols.UnblockingConnection.access$9(UnblockingConnection.java:548)
at uc.protocols.UnblockingConnection$3.run(UnblockingConnection.java:330)
at uc.DCClient$3.run(DCClient.java:253)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2011 10:55AM by dMg.
March 30, 2011 01:13AM
After turning off encryption restart Jucy!

This seems to be an invalid filelist you downloaded.
If you retrieve the filelist from the temp download directory and give it to me I can have a look at it.

- Heinrich Heine
dMg
April 01, 2011 10:48AM
After turning off encryption restart Jucy!

--> be sure i know that.

This seems to be an invalid filelist you downloaded.
If you retrieve the filelist from the temp download directory and give it to me I can have a look at it.

--> sending u any filelists is not an option.

with jucy encryption enabled you actually don't have any filetransfers to apex 1.4.2 users.
with jucy encryption disabled klicked magnets in mainchat are working, but any filelists of any apex 1.4.2 user
will download normally and extract with errors. strong dc same errors. so jucy is for me at this time not useable.

this is a line if the changelog from strong.

updated internal libraries (OpenSSL, BZip2, ZLIB, boost) - fixes some security issues

i think there are more problems now between strong,apex and jucy than only the ssl.
i think there are problems with bzib, zlib boost too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2011 10:55AM by dMg.
April 01, 2011 12:48PM
I can not reproduce this problem. At least I don't have any problems downloading filelists or other things from Apex 1.4.2 users if encryption is disabled.

- Heinrich Heine
April 06, 2011 12:44AM
I was able to verify the invalid filelists now.

This seems to be a bug fixed for next Apex version.
So don't worry.
Also I had no problems downloading from Apex with encryption last time I tried.

- Heinrich Heine
April 06, 2011 02:09PM
Thanks for the info.

Click here to login