Advanced

Early 0.85 OSX observations

Posted by btx 
btx
Early 0.85 OSX observations
August 29, 2010 08:35AM
After some discussions with another Jucy OSX user, we've seen these fixes:

1) URLs are displaying properly!
2) Smileys no longer seem to clip text, yay!

New (possible) issue:

1) Search input at the top (in the toolbar) isn't expanding when the window is resized, or its toolbar is resized, etc

Old issue:

1) Changing fonts still doesn't appear to do anything, even after restarting.

Old issues re: magnets that I'm not sure whether are issues, only that they work differently than in other clients:

1) Other clients don't require the xl (size) or dn (filename) components of the magnet link, just the tth. I realize you display the filename and size in the magnet link, but I just wanted to point this out. (Other clients get the filename after doing a TTH search)

2) The dn unescaping seems to not handle the %xx form (like %20 = space). Again, I don't know if this is expected. Since other clients appear to get the filename from the TTH search results, unescaping may not actually matter in those clients.

I am very happy about the URL display fix - folks always seem to put something after links that I'd miss completely, or only see the end of, so this was a biggie. Thank you very much for tracking the bugs down! I'll keep my eyes open for anything else.

btx
Re: Early 0.85 OSX observations
August 29, 2010 11:54AM
Thanks for this summary. Its allways good to have a reminder whats still broken / what fixes did work as expected..

1.1 +1.2 were both the same problem ... (and not really my fix/ all work of eclipse)

2.1. Search Input is a works as intended. That whole bar on top shouldn't change sizes at all... Only thing you can do is rearange stuff..

3.1 its the way Jucy handles files... for a file to be downloadable name, tth and size have to be known. Would need some workaround to get this also working without these values. So when I implemented this i just added these values as required...

3.2 this is a bug! I will see to fix this for next version..

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom is a new religion, the religion of our time.
- Heinrich Heine
August 29, 2010 01:08PM
Did you also test the countries plugin on macosx? Should now also work...

if you do ... there is still no screenshot of Jucy on MacOsX in the screenshots section ... so if you want, you can create a screenshot and I will post it ...

- Heinrich Heine
August 29, 2010 09:26PM
About on the fonts: I still don't know whats causing that, though even if I can't solve the font problem, eclipse 4 will come in June 2011. Eclipse 4 will probably fix the fonts as UI will change dramatically.

- Heinrich Heine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2010 10:31PM by Quicksilver.
btx
August 30, 2010 10:53PM
Sorry if this wasn't clear - I meant the search box starts out very small (I see "enter s"winking smiley - and nothing I can do can make it bigger. I am pretty sure the box used to be wide enough to read its label (which - again - now reads "enter s" ).

In case you're curious, the filter userlist box is wide enough to read its label.

btx
August 30, 2010 10:57PM
ok got it ... I will fix it...

- Heinrich Heine
October 06, 2010 05:51PM
Hi! I just updated jucy to lasted and after that can't open it anymore, just logo window is appers and nothing more. MacOS 10.5.8, java updated to lasted - no effect. Wtf?

Master NLight Project DC++ Ukraine
October 11, 2010 02:16AM
You updated from which version?

My guess: you updated from before 0.82 ... from 0.82 to 0.83 Java 5 support was dropped.
So on MacOsX an Intel processor running Snow Leopard is required.

- Heinrich Heine
October 11, 2010 04:26PM
From 0.84 to 0.85. Java 6 installed from Apple Update. Still not working.

Master NLight Project DC++ Ukraine
October 11, 2010 08:51PM
I thought Java 6 was to earlier MacOsX only available in a 64Bit version. Did you install this?
or did you mix it up with some Java 5 Update 6?

If both of these questions is a no: please try to delete Jucy and download it anew. If that still doesn't work as a final measure it could help to delete all userdata (in ~/.UC)

- Heinrich Heine
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login