Published: Tuesday, 05 January 2010 15:39
Time for a new Jucy version. Containing as allways some bugfixes and some new features (I need those to produce more new bugs).
Mac users profit of this release most... i.e. the greyscale trayicon might fit better in the OsX look. Besides Mac now gets a 64Bit release for everyone running a core 2 Intel or later in combination with Leopard or later. Benefit of 64Bit version as on all OS is mainly the increased hashing speed. Otherwise differences should not be noticeable.
Fixed some nasty problems causing trouble with Apex's partial filelist loading ... thanks goes to O1 for his debugging help!
As new Features there is showing joins and parts of users. (type /showjoins /showfavjoins to enable or disable it)
Also Jucy does allow sending pms to offline users. i.e. if you have a pmwindow open to another user that went offline you can still write a pm and press enter. Jucy will then send the PM as soon as the other user is online again.
Thats wraps it up .. so it seems.. Happy New Year!
- Added possibility to show joins and parts of users and favusers in chat.
- Downloading filelist from a file context will now automatically navigate to that file on finishing download.
- Made MacOsX tray icon grey scale.
- Fixed partial FileList downloads causing trouble with ApexDC++.
- Adding 64 Bit build to releases for MacOsX.
- Private Messages will now be stored if the another user is offline and sent when he comes online again.
Published: Saturday, 26 December 2009 23:59
Happy New Year and Merry Christmas to anyone.
As you might have noticed I seem to have been unable to do a release in December... January might get one.. may be even in the first weeks of January. Time is sparse so it seems. And I don't know why.. may be I read a bit too much Jim Butcher novels lately (Hurray for Dresden Files) and all that Christmas stuff.
So one Christmas present to my self was now to keep it quiet and just not do anything ... jay!! Fun with family! Which I wish to anyone to be the way to spend Christmas. I can't imagine it any different for me.
Published: Sunday, 22 November 2009 22:46
Jay finally a large new Version one would think.. but thats not the case.. I think I have long given up any major / minor version numbering.. so this is not version 0.8.0 its just version 80 the one after 79. Though some version numbers have been lost somewhere on the way.
Nah anyway still there is a major change beside a new Icon which is pretty big. The real major change especially for all those lawyers out there is the new licence. Jucy is from now on published under an open source licence. To be more precise under FreeBSD licence. Which has some nice benefits like I could have http://berlios.de now host some git repository for me (ah another change jucy source moved now from subversion to git).
Beside that have a look into the changelog its primarily evolution not revolution. The new Link handling is kind of nice. Allowing you to show images in the chat also with MagnetURIs that point to images not just with http stuff. Besides now also links for hublinks are added with possibility to directly add them as favourite hubs.
Only problematic feature for this version might be the PDF parseing for full text searching in pdf (to not strain your pc too much only if another user selects Documents on search fulltext search is done, also people probably don't want to get such results when searching generally). Problematic because it might make jucy a bit unstable while parseing. Though thats a one time job and might as well work without problems.
- Added setting to change time notification Popup is shown.
- Added URL handling for adc://, nmdc:// and dchub:// links in chat.
- Reworked URI handling for Magnet links (Magnets parsed and shown, also one can now embed images in Chat of magnets like it was possible with http before).
- Now Timestamps for chat can be changed (under Appearance) i.e. [HH:mm:ss] for showing seconds.
- The Full Text search for documents now also includes pdf files.
- Added option to reroute PMs to mainchat -> no more PM-windows (except you open them).
- Fixed Button clicking problems appearing on Ubuntu 9.10
- Found reason for update/extension installing on MacOsX not working.
- New Icon. Thanks goes to Fox!
- Added option to not set away message on minimize.
Published: Wednesday, 11 November 2009 18:20
Today I removed the paypal donation button from the website. As it seems not to fullfill the job it was supposed to do.
I had the romantic idea that I could somehow finance the server hosting with it .. or may be a Snow Leopard OS for the MacOsX testing box. And I preferred that to putting ads on the webpage.
Though as of now. While the donation button was up. Total donation sum was about 10€ comeing from one single donation. I feel that advertising paypal with that big huge icon on the website is not justified for that.
*edit: Yes I know about adsense or that putting ads on the page would be a solution. Though I prefer not to do so. May be some day.