Published: Sunday, 01 March 2009 00:11
Finally a new Version is out.. yet not in February ... though in beginning of March (Hah now I have time till end of April for a new release *g)
Changelog is small. Though some things have already proven valueable for me: The new Toaster box that comes up on getting a PM helped
me to get remembered for new PMs optional for the box is also an annoying sound. May be in the next version there will be settings to change that sound.. may be. Currently a lot of work that goes into jucy flows into a new Plugin that will add Operator functionality. Though it is still not done and Operator functionality is also a branch that will grow over time... I hope to release an advanced ADL search targetting Operators for next Version.
I also added some dialog to manage installed Plugins.. so you can also uninstall or disable Plugins that you installed.
Also another important improvement is adding a Referred field in Client Client connections. This will help to find hubs that are misused for DDoS attacks so they will be removed from public hublists and taken down.
And it should be noted that version 0.71 was the first version till now that got more than 1000 downloads! Jay party!
V:0.72 - Setting Maximum simultaneous downloads finally works. Should be the last setting that was put into gui though never implemented.
- Now users get an automatic slot for files smaller than 64KiB like it is common in the rest of DC.
- Extended the Help system a bit. Now Help for creating User Commands is provided.
- Searching in search results with Strg-F now enabled... - Added a toaster box that can pop up when a new PM arrives somewhere in the background. Inclusive an annoying sound.
- Added dialog to manage installed plug-ins. (uninstalling,disabling/enabling)
- Added Referrer in Client-Client connections so attacked parties can find source of DDoS.
Published: Sunday, 25 January 2009 03:29
Jay version 0.71 is there.
Its mainly a bugfix version though not totally of the last version. Its more bugs that were there for a long time. Most important bugfixes are that a memory leak was identified. The other thing was a not totally working LockToKey algorithm that made problems with some hubsofts.
Though some little new features are in there. Like some Drag&Drop support for the downloadqueue and possibility for excluding tempfiles from the share (in the settings under Advanced.. though better just don't touch it.. should work well as it is).
Nothing more to say. Just how happy I am that this memory leak was finally found.
V:0.71 - Fixed Problems with LockToKey mechanism not working sometimes.
- Changed image URLs on single click images will now be embedded in text instead of showing as pop-up.
- Fixed Bug: Download of large files ( > 5.4 GiB) resulted in an Error. Result: Large files not being downloadable.
- Added Drag and Drop support in DownloadQueue. Makes moving around files a bit easier.
- Fixed one Bug throwing NullpointerExceptions (ConnectionProtocol.setState(ConnectionProtocol.java:273))
- Fixed ADL Search not allowing to change an entry. Also made changes so non active items are distinguishable from active ones.
- Fixed Bug that resulted in endless re-hashing of files if the case in the name was changed. Happened only on case insensitive file systems.
- Fixed Bug a memory leak, each FileList refresh leaked 1-2 MiB of memory.
- Added possibility to filter unwanted files from the share (good for filtering unfinished torrent files if you torrent client supports different endings.)
Published: Sunday, 28 December 2008 20:47
Finally a decision has been made about a licence for jUCy.
As I have already said I would prefer if everyone was allowed to look at the source though nobody should modify or reuse it without permission. (Imho having to ask to use someone else work is not to much of a hinderance.)
I am lucky that there already exists a licence that does that. Its the Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0.
As there is some code which I think is of general use and which is put in the de.du_hub.uc.helpers plugin that code shall be under Public Domain.
The next relese.. which is still a lot of time away from now will come with that changed licence. And notification in the helpers plugin.
All this is of course only interesting for you if you are a developer.. as a normal user this licence problematic doesn't really affect you except for theological reasons.
Published: Sunday, 21 December 2008 01:38
Finally a new Version again.
And its one I am really proud of. Not primarily because of the new features and the new style (new splashscreen.. new Icons). Mainly its maturity.
Specially problems with reconnecting to hubs that seemed to have failed sometimes are now a problem of the past. Also some improvements to the Mac OS X GUI have been done. The not functioning menu items now work there. Also the Mac version has now a trayicon too.
All in all a lot of improvements towards the goal of having a mature client have been done. Thats the reason for the new 7 in front of the version number.
Also I would like to announce a new Plugin. The "Countrys" plugin. It allows you wo show little flags in chat and in Transfers View. Also this adds a new column in the nicklist to tell you from which city users are. Though be aware.. the database for the ip lookup is rather large (20MiB) so its a large plugin.
Though there are some negative sides.. some goals have not been reached. ADCS is still on the todo-list. Also ZPipe implementation showed problems with a tested hub and is therefore disabled.
About the new ueber cool looking splash screen that was created for me by Fox. Stupidly splashscreens are nothing that is updateable. If you want to see it, the only chance to get it is not to use the update function, but redownload jUCy *sight*.
Though thats minor problems. Mainly I am now happy to release the most stable jUCy version ever right before Christmas.
Wish you a
V:0.70 - New icons for jUCy. Thanks goes to Fox for the design!
- PM windows load Text of last chat on opening. (If logging was enabled)
- MacOSX: Correction of behaviour with Preferences and Exit in application menu.
- Log messages no longer go to text files but are now stored in the database. Log directory is obsolete.
- Search now uses native search widget, if that is available on your OS.
- Automatic search for alternatives implemented.
- Fixed Bug: Error Dialog shown when Image URL clicked did not contain an image. Now the URL is opened in the browser if showing within jUCy fails.
- Pugin Search Spy: Bad colours on Windows for Search Spy Icon in View Menu fixed.
- Now its possible to give nicks in chat a different colour/font for own nick, operator nicks, and favourite users' nicks.
- New plugin available: "Countrys" allows you to show flags to users in mainchat (if jUCy knows the IP of the other) though be aware the database needed for this is about 20 MiB in size so this plugin is large.
- Possibility to disable contributions of the plugins. (Text Modifications like Smileys or table columns and table column decorations like Country plugin has them. Found under Preferences -> Appearance)
- Messages received over UDP will now also make use of overridden charset in the hub.
- Smiley Plugin: Now much more smileys available by default. Thanks to arj!
- Fixed Bug: Priorities in DownloadQueue were not persisted.
- Fixed Bug: Positively resolved DNS addresses were cached too long. Which may have made it impossible to reconnect to a hub after an IP change
- Fixed Bug: Reconnects/automatic reconnecting to hub sometimes not working.