Published: Monday, 19 October 2009 21:40
Version 0.79 ... jay .. some improvements.. especially some nasty bugs are out.. hopefully this time its without some bugfix shortly after releasing...
New Version contains quite some change.. but see for your self in the changelog.
- Some changes to gui. (Progress moved bottom -> top, Transfers view can be closed at the bottom).
- Added a Downloads View. Where all Downloads can be observed and viewed per file.
- Fixed adding hub in FavHubs not working on Linux. (again one of those 0.77 bugs *sigh)
- Removed some irregular occuring error on actions on doubleclicks.
- Fixed bug in own IP detection.
- Traffic Limiter can now be adjusted from clicking on Transfer Speed Labels in StatusBar.
- Fixed some transparency issues with drawn stuff (flags, smileys,...)
- Notification Popup (Toaster) looks now better (Swing -> SWT)
- Added some key bindings for usual OS specific commands (close active window, mark all text,...)
- Fixed: Advanced settings not saved if FavHub was just created.
- Added Full Text search for documents (txt,nfo). Indexing of pdf files currently disabled due to some unresolved problems in parsing.
Published: Monday, 14 September 2009 13:55
And another version of jucy.. even though I planned more stability improvements here. Well some got in.. though its again a version that has seen lots of refactoring. Though now mainly in the UI part and less in the code part. So I am confident not to have brought in another bunch of new problems, but besides bringing out a few new gimnicks into the gui (some icons in right click menus, some nice bars in DownloadQueue). I think I rather reduced problem count compared to 0.77.
So finally 0.78 is out and waiting to be taken on a spin ... just hit the update button or grab your download from the Download section.
- Fixed some Bugs introduced due to refactoring in 0.77. i.e. error with DH keypair generation
- Added Magnet handling from within the chat. Jucy won't register with the OS to accept links from the browser.
- Added some more settings for Colours used in jucy.(Files, Links)
- Polished the right-click menus (some icons added,some are more dynamic now, Hub menu is now on the tab of the hub)
- Added some progress bar in DownloadQueue where on can see the progress of each file.
Published: Friday, 14 August 2009 20:35
One Month already gone?
Time for a new Jucy release. Hopefully this time I am going to be more lucky than the last time.
Though actually jucy is currently going through a lot of quality improvements. Rewrite for cleaner code, unit testability and and and...
This might have negative side effect for the short term as lots of changed and refactored code means lots of untested code... and unittests are only a minority currently. Though number is increasing. In the long run I am hopeing to get a lot of quality improvement and this will be needed as now people have joined to do translations (better Internatinalizability is the next thing to go for). So a real development process will be needed in future.
Ah well .. for now.. be assured this version should work better than 0.76 though way worse than 0.78 will be.
- Fixed preferred Encryption Protocol to be TLS and not SSL. Also RC4 and MD5 are no longer supported.
- Fixed Bug: Another deadlock in encrypted connections. Though much less probable than the one that lead to 0.76 release.
- CTRL + Arrow_UP / CTRL + Arrow_DOWN can now be used to navigate through line history.
- Fixed Bug: Adding/Removing Hublists not worked for several versions.
- LED on the Bottom will now also show status of TLS port, also UPnP will try to create portmappings for TLS if needed.
- Fixed one more ugly deadlock that could appear when sending a PM or MC message.
- Fixed $ForceMove not being accepted if sent before $Hello. And placed setting for not automatically following redirect.
- Implemented an upload queue. Users that waited longest will now be preferred when requesting a slot.
- Added an Export all Button to Logviewer.
- Implemented Bloomfilter for ADC.
- Fixed Bug bad display of search results for multiple results with same hash.
- Fav User Windows has changed. Now Favourite Users and Users with slots are separated.
- Colouring of nicks in chat is now also applicable to nicks in the userlist.
Published: Friday, 10 July 2009 13:09
As jucy 0.75 seems to be rather unusable with encryption.
Also its a good way to test the update functionality to update your 0.75 Version to the fixed 0.76.
Besides bugfixes not really much new Stuff.... though jucy now also implemented some encryption for NMDC not just for ADC.
So at least with StrongDC++ and Apex clients you can now share files in a encrypted way.
Also Flexhub might support encrypted connection to the hub in near Future.